Yachting and Boating World have put together a useful guide to help you work out which type of boat you may wish to purchase. They have broken down the market into key types of crafts – open day boats, cruisers, flybridge and fishing boat and trawlers.
Before you progress to choosing design types, the key questions highlighted by Yachting and Boating World are as follows:
- Where will I use the boat and for how long?
- How many people will be on board?
- Will we (all) overnight on the boat?
- How agile are the crew, is deck access a priority?
- Do I want to be sheltered or out in the elements?