Electrical fault caused yacht fire at marina

Pratical Boat Owner: A blaze that devastated a 34ft yacht at Deganwy Quays was caused by an electrical fault, fire investigators have said.

 

A spokesman for North Wales Fire & Rescue Service said the call came in at 3.51pm on Saturday, 19 September to report that the sailing boat was on fire.

A person was on board the yacht, Sandpiper of Hamble, when the fire started and tried to extinguish the fire themselves before evacuating the boat.

Two fire engines from Llandudno attended the incident. Crews found the yacht to be well alight, moored alongside a jetty,and tackled the blaze using one hose reel and two main reel jets. The fire was extinguished by 6pm.

The fire service spokesman added: ‘There was someone on board when the fire started, they tried to tackle it themselves and then evacuated the boat.

‘It was an accidental fire, due to an electrical fault. The coastguard were informed.’

See article Practical Boat Owner

Contact Us

Tel: +44 (0)20 7929 4058
Fax: +44 (0)20 7933 9350
Click here to email us

Velos Insurance Services Limited
52-54 Gracechurch Street
London, EC3V 0EH
View map

Connect with us


Latest News

British sailor Elliot Willis is fundraising for cancer charity

Practical Boat Owner: British Sailing Team sailor Elliot Willis is cycling 250 miles this September for The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity: ‘Because they got me to this point where I feel I can do it.’   The Team GB

September 16, 2016 read more