Yachting Boating World: The 2016 Southampton Boat Show returns in September with world and UK launches, new brands and a new layout. Tickets are now on sale.
The 10-day event will showcase thousands of boats, brands and equipment and will feature the very latest world launches from powerboats to sail.
Confirmed for a world launch at the show are the Oyster 675, the Greenline 36, the Spirit 47CR, the Cormate Utility 23 R and the X4 and X6 from X-Yachts.
The Antares 7 and Antares 8, Atlantis 43, Azimut 55S, Elling E6 from Q Marine (Poole), J/11S from Key Yachting, the Dehler 34, Fairline Yachts’ Targa 53 OPEN and its Squadron 65 HardTop and Charles Watson’s RM 1270 will have UK debuts.
New brands already confirmed for this year’s show include Cormate and Waterspoor.
Following unprecedented demand from exhibitors for undercover space, a new show layout will also be revealed for 2016.
Ocean Hall and Windward Hall will be merged with an additional 550 square metres of space added to create a new look Ocean Hall for 2016.
Enhancements to the layout will also see Beneteau and Jeanneau move from their historical space on the land to a much bigger display on the marina.
In total, Beneteau will be bringing 19 boats and Jeanneau 22 boats across their sail and power ranges.
Also exhibiting for the first time will be Monte Carlo Yachts who will be showcasing the MCY 65.
There will also be plenty of opportunities for visitors to get out on the water and experience dinghy sailing, power boating or taking a ride on a RIB.
These free attractions include:
- On the Water’s “Get Afloat”, supported by the team at Rockley: a tailor made attraction offering visitors aged 8-16 the chance to discover dinghy sailing and Stand up Paddleboarding (SUP);
- “Try-a-Boat” sessions from On the Water to allow visitors to experience being out on the water on a varied selection of vessels;
- “Wet Wheels”, a 9m Cheetah Catamaran that has been specially adapted for wheelchair access. Powered by two of Suzuki’s flagship V6 300hp outboard engines, it is capable of driving at 40 knots;
- The magnificent Artemis tall ship will be taking centre stage on the marina, with visitors being able to climb aboard.
Other attractions will include:
- Bumper Boats in the arena for the younger visitors;
- A number of spectacular air display’s over the marina;
- A festival stage in Solent Park with live music, talks from industry experts and fashion shows across the 10-day event;
- The Global Challenge Sailing Experience on a 72ft round the world ocean race yacht;
- The VIP Platinum Experience which includes a trip out on a luxury motor yacht.