Motor Boat Insurance
We provide cover for your motorboats, motor cruisers and speed boats whether you’re on the water or your boat is moored in a marina.
Get your personalised motor boat insurance quote with us at Velos for cover that fits you and your vessel. Making sure your craft is properly covered has been our business for over 20 years.
Velos Motorboat Insurance Brokers
Our motor boat insurance policies aren’t listed on any price comparison site, as we create coverage that is tailor-made to each customer’s requirements.
As such our Motorboat insurance policy is a fully comprehensive, all risks product, based on an agreed value which is shown on the policy paperwork, so if your vessel is lost, this is what you will get back.
The policy covers you for, amongst other things, theft, accidental damage and Salvage charges.
It also includes, as standard, Third Party Liability up to GBP 5m and Legal Expenses.
Motor Boat Policy Details
Highlights of the Velos policy are as follows;
- Agreed Value, All Risks policy
- GBP 5m Third Party Liability cover limit as standard
- Water Skiers Liability and Waters Sports Liability can be included
- GBP 100,000 Legal Expenses cover included for free
- Up to 25% NCB for 5 years claims free, after which protected at no additional cost
- Up to GBP 20,000 worth of Personal Accident cover included, as standard
- Up to GBP 5,000 worth of Medical Expenses cover included as standard
- Cover available for a variety of cruising ranges in the UK, Europe and further afield
We’ve been in the boat insurance brokers game for over 20 years and as such have relationships with most of the insurers in the market.
So, if our product isn’t suitable for you for whatever reason, we’ll be able to source an alternative quote from another insurer so you don’t have to trawl the market.
Motor Boat Insurance FAQs
How do I make a motorboat insurance claim with Velos?
It couldn’t be easier: use the claims section of our website and follow the instructions there. If you have any questions, just get in touch with us directly and we’ll be happy to talk you through it.
How do I change my motor boat insurance or update my details with Velos?
Get in touch by email or phone and we will make the requested changes to your marine trade insurance policy.
Can I speak to you on the phone?
Absolutely. Please call tel: +44 (0)20 7929 4058 and select option 1. Our office hours are Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 17:300 UK time.
Do you have a list of recommended repairers and surveyors?
No: you should use your usual service providers. If needed, insurers will appoint a marine surveyor to inspect and report on the incident.
Are there any policy exclusions?
Irrespective Of which policy you select there are always some exclusion to cover. these would normally be as follows;
- Loss, damage, liability or expense intentionally caused by or consented to by you or arising from unseaworthiness resulting by you
- Cost of repairing any defect from a prior repair, alteration or maintenance work
- Design or construction fault
- Loss and damage caused by wear and tear and lack of reasonable maintenance
- Loss and damage caused by insect, vermin, damp and marine life
- Theft of insured gear and equipment unless it follows violent forcible entry into your vessel or place of storage
- Theft of insured personal effects unless it follows violent forcible entry into the vessel or vehicle while in transit
- Theft of your outboard motor unless it is secured to your vessel by an appropriate anti-theft device in addition to its normal method of attachment or violent forcible entry into the vessel or place of storage
- Theft or loss of boats, such as dinghies or tenders, not permanently marked with the name of the parent vessel