Velos is a boat insurance broker and have been providing cover and RIB insurance policies for 20+ years.
Put your Rigid Inflatable Boat into safe hands with an insurance policy, including theft and third-party liability, along with accidental damage and salvage charges.
Full, personalised cover for your RIB vessel with Velos means complete peace of mind.
Velos RIB Insurance Brokers
Our RIB insurance policies aren’t listed on any price comparison site, as we create coverage that is tailor-made to each customer’s requirements and their individual rigid inflatable boats.
As such our RIB insurance policy is a fully comprehensive, all risks product, based on an agreed value which is shown on the policy paperwork, so if your vessel is lost, this is what you will get back for your craft.
The policy covers you for, amongst other things, theft, accidental damage and Salvage charges.
It also includes, as standard, Third Party Liability up to GBP 5m and Legal Expenses.
Highlights of the Velos RIB cover policy are as follows;
Highlights of the Velos policy are as follows;
- Agreed Value, All Risks policy
- GBP 5m Third Party Liability cover limit as standard
- Water Skiers Liability and Waters Sports Liability can be included
- GBP 100,000 Legal Expenses cover included for free
- Loss or damage whilst in transit by road included as standard
- Up to 25% NCB for 5 years claims free, after which protected at no additional cost
- Up to GBP 20,000 worth of Personal Accident cover included, as standard
- Up to GBP 5,000 worth of Medical Expenses cover included as standard
- Cover for inland and coastal waters of the UK and Europe, as standard
- If you have a claim in a marina, either ashore or afloat, we waive the deductible and you don’t lose your NCB, even if it’s not protected
- If your RIB is under 23’ and damaged whilst on Holiday and you can no longer use it we’ll pay up to £50 per day, for a max of 7 days, to allow you to hire a similar vessel so you can continue your Holiday.
We’ve been a boat insurance broker for 20+ years and as such have relationships with most of the RIB insurers and providers on the market.
So, if our rigid inflatable boat policies aren’t suitable for you for whatever reason, we’ll be able to source an alternative RIB quote from another insurer so you don’t have to scour the entire market. We’ll do it for you.
RIB Insurance FAQs
How do I make a claim with Velos?
It couldn’t be easier: use the claims section of our website and follow the instructions there. If you have any questions, just get in touch with us directly and we’ll be happy to talk you through it.
How do I change my insurance or update my details with Velos?
Get in touch by email or phone and we will make the requested changes to your marine trade insurance policy.
Can I speak to you on the phone?
Absolutely. Please call tel: +44 (0)20 7929 4058 and select option 1. Our office hours are Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 17:300 UK time.
Do you have a list of recommended repairers and surveyors?
No: you should use your usual service providers. If needed, insurers will appoint a marine surveyor to inspect and report on the incident.
Are there any policy exclusions?
Irrespective Of which policy you select there are always some exclusion to cover. these would normally be as follows;
- Loss, damage, liability or expense intentionally caused by or consented to by you or arising from unseaworthiness resulting by you
- Cost of repairing any defect from a prior repair, alteration or maintenance work
- Design or construction fault
- Loss and damage caused by wear and tear and lack of reasonable maintenance
- Loss and damage caused by insect, vermin, damp and marine life
- Theft of insured gear and equipment unless it follows violent forcible entry into your vessel or place of storage
- Theft of insured personal effects unless it follows violent forcible entry into the vessel or vehicle while in transit
- Theft of your outboard motor unless it is secured to your vessel by an appropriate anti-theft device in addition to its normal method of attachment or violent forcible entry into the vessel or place of storage
- Theft or loss of boats, such as dinghies or tenders, not permanently marked with the name of the parent vessel