Small Commercial Boat & Craft Insurance
When your boat is your livelihood, ensuring you have the best protection when something goes wrong is essential.
Our small commercial craft policies aren’t listed on any price comparison site, as we create coverage that is tailor-made to each customer’s requirements.
At Velos not only have we been doing exactly this for over 20 years, so we know which insurer offers the best cover for your particular type of small commercial vessel and activities.
Not only that, we have our own scheme which allows us to provide you with a quick response and a competitive price.
Despite this we will always get you alternative quotes from the panel of insurers we work with you so you know you are getting the right policy at the right price.
Small Commercial Boat Insurance
The level of cover that insurers usually provide is as follows;
- Cover for loss, damage, theft and third-party liability
- Agreed value policy
- Standard Third Party Liability limit of GBP 3,000,000 but can be increased to GBP 5,000,000
- Additional cover available for unpaid and paid crew
- No excess deducted for loss or damage claims caused by an uninsured third party
- Up to 25% No Claims Bonus
- Wreck Removal & Salvage Charges
Our Small Commercial Craft Policies Cover:
Types of small commercial vessel cover include;
- Potting & netting
- Mussel & oystering
- Rod & line fishing
- Work Boats
- Pilot boats
- Laying/Servicing of moorings
- Windfarm support
- Standby/safety duties
- Small ferry boats
- Angling parties
If you would like to get a free small commercial boat insurance quote, please click the quote button below:
We’ve been in boat insurance for 20+ years and have built up relationships with most of the small commercial boat insurers in the UK and global providers on the market.
So, if our small commercial craft policies aren’t suitable for you for whatever reason, we’ll be able to source an alternative moored boat insurance quote from another insurer so you don’t have to scour the entire market.
We’ll do it for you.
Small Commercial Craft Insurance FAQs
How do I make a small commercial boat claim with Velos?
It couldn’t be easier: use the claims section of our website and follow the instructions there. If you have any questions, just get in touch with us directly and we’ll be happy to talk you through it.
How do I change my commercial boat insurance or update my details with Velos?
Get in touch by email or phone and we will make the requested changes to your marine trade insurance policy.
Can I speak to you on the phone?
Absolutely. Please call tel: +44 (0)20 7929 4058 and select option 1. Our office hours are Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 17:300 UK time.
Do you have a list of recommended repairers and surveyors?
No: you should use your usual service providers. If needed, insurers will appoint a marine surveyor to inspect and report on the incident.
Are there any small commercial boat policy exclusions?
Irrespective of which policy you select there are always some exclusion to cover. these would normally be as follows;
- Loss, damage, liability or expense intentionally caused by or consented to by you or arising from unseaworthiness resulting by you
- Cost of repairing any defect from a prior repair, alteration or maintenance work
- Design or construction fault
- Loss and damage caused by wear and tear and lack of reasonable maintenance
- Loss and damage caused by insect, vermin, damp and marine life
- Theft of insured gear and equipment unless it follows violent forcible entry into your vessel or place of storage
- Theft of insured personal effects unless it follows violent forcible entry into the vessel or vehicle while in transit
- Theft of your outboard motor unless it is secured to your vessel by an appropriate anti-theft device in addition to its normal method of attachment or violent forcible entry into the vessel or place of storage
- Theft or loss of boats, such as dinghies or tenders, not permanently marked with the name of the parent vessel