What to do and not to do
- In the unfortunate event of a loss or damage being sustained to your vessel, you should report the circumstances to us as soon as possible by telephone on +44 (0)20 7929 4058 or email us
- If theft or malicious damage is involved, you must immediately notify the local police and obtain a Crime Reference Number, you will need to quote this and the contact details of the Police Station on the Claim Form in order for Underwriters to consider the claim.
- You must not admit liability or assume any obligation to any other party.
- You must take all reasonable steps to safeguard your property, including the replacement of damaged locks and security devices, etc., including the carrying out of immediate First Aid measures.
- You should print off, complete in full and return, with out delay, our Claim Form, together with one estimate for the cost of repairs or replacement/s. Please ensure that all of the relevant sections of the Claim Form are completed, especially pages 1 and 2, and also ensure that you sign and date the form. Failure to complete these sections or to sign and date the form will result in a delay in the handling of your claim.
- You must at all times act as if you are a prudent uninsured. You must not automatically assume that your insurance will apply to the loss.